Page 1 from 22
imagine the possibilities
Thank you for purchasing a Samsung product.
To receive a more complete service,
please register your product at
Free Standing ApplianceEnglish
Page 2 from 22
features of your new
KEY FEATURES OF YOUR NEW REFRIGERATOR
Your Samsung Refrigerator comes equipped with various innovative storage \
and energy-efficient features.
• Inverter compressor
Its imported high effective inverter compressor reduces power consumption of the refrigerator,
lowers noise while operation, operates different states at different frequency, and is
advantageous in freezing capacity and cooling speed.
• Home bar (Optional)
With soft touch type Home Bar, just push and catch to open or close with latch and damping
system. Now you can enjoy fashionable living.
• Twin Cooling System
The Refrigerator and Freezer have separate evaporators. Due to this independent cooling
system, the Freezer and Refrigerator cool more efficiently.
• Tempered glass door (Optional)
Show unbeatable luxury.
For easy future reference, write the model and serial number down. You will find your model number and serial number on side or rear of the refrigerator.
This product has been determined to be in compliance with the Low Voltage Directive
(2006/95/EC),the Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive (2004/108/EC) and the Eco-Design
Directive(2009/125/EC) implemented by Regulation (EC) No 643/2009 of th\
e European Union.
Page 3 from 22
safety information _3
• Before operating the appliance, please read this manual thoroughly
and retain it for your reference.
• Because these following operating instructions cover various
models, the characteristics of your refrigerator may differ slightly
from those described in this manual.
CAUTION/WARNING SYMBOLS USED
WARNINGIndicates that a danger of death or serious injury exists.
CAUTIONIndicates that a risk of personal injury or material damage exists.
OTHER SYMBOLS USED
Represents something you must NOT do.
Represents something you must NOT disassemble.
Represents something you must NOT touch.
Represents something you must follow.
Indicates that you must disconnect the power plug from the socket.
Represents a ground is needed to prevent electric shock.
It is recommended that this symbol be handled by service man.
These warning signs are here to prevent injury to you and others.
Please follow them explicitly.
After reading this section, keep it in a safe place for future reference.
• This refrigerator must be properly installed and located in accordance with the manual
before it is used.
• Use this appliance only for its intended purpose as described in this user manual.
• We strongly recommend that any servicing be performed by a qualified individual.
• R600a/R134a can be used as a refrigerant. Check the compressor label or the circuit
diagram on the rear of the appliance to see which refrigerant is used for the refrigerator
• In case of R600a refrigerant, this gas is natural gas with high environmental
compatibility that is, however, also combustible. When transporting and installing
the appliance, care should be taken to ensure that no parts of the refrigerating
circuit are damaged.
• Refrigerant squirting out of the pipes could ignite or cause an eye injury. If a leak is
detected, avoid any naked flames or potential sources of ignition and air the room in
which the appliance is standing for several minutes.
Page 4 from 22
4_ safety information
• In order to avoid the creation of a flammable gas-air mixture if a leak in the refrigerating
circuit occurs, the size of the room in which the appliance may be sited depends on the
amount of refrigerant used.
• The room must be 1m3 in size for every 8g of R600a refrigerant inside the appliance.
• Never start up an appliance showing any signs of damage. If in doubt, co\
• Please dispose of the packaging material for this product in an environmentally friendly
• Do not change the pars in the refrigerator at random.
SEVERE WARNING SIGNS
• Do not install the refrigerator in a damp place or place where it may come in contact
- Deteriorated insulation of electrical parts may cause an electric shoc\
k or fire.
• Do not place this refrigerator in direct sunlight or expose to the heat from stoves, room
heaters or other appliance.
• Do not place a lighted candle or open flames on the refrigerator.
- This may result in electric shock or fire.
• Allow sufficient space to install the refrigerator on a flat surface.
- If your refrigerator is not level, the internal cooling system may not work correctly.
• Use 220~240V power. Do not plug several appliances into the same multiple power
board. The refrigerator should always be plugged into its own individual electrical \
has a voltage rating that matched the rating plate.The refrigerator must be grounded.
- This provides the best performance and also prevents overloading house wiring
circuits,which could cause a fire hazard from overheated wires.
• Never unplug your refrigerator by pulling on the power cord. Always grip plug firmly and
pull straight out from the outlet.
- Damage to the cord may cause a short-circuit, fire and/or electric shock.
• Make sure that the power plug is not squashed or damaged by the back of the
• Do not bend the power cord excessively or place heavy articles on it.
- This constitutes a fire hazard.
• Do not use a loose socket or a cord that shows cracks or abrasion damage along its length or at either end.
• If the power cord is damaged, have it replaced immediately by the manufacturer or its
• When moving the refrigerator, be careful not to roll over or damage the power cord.
• Do not insert the power plug with wet hands.
• Disconnect the power before cleaning or maintaining your refrigerator.
- Do not use a wet or damp cloth when cleaning the pulug.
• Remove any foreign matter or dust from the power plug pins.
- Otherwise there is a risk of fire.
• If the refrigerator is disconnected from the power supply, you should wait for at least ten
minutes before plugging it back.
• If the wall socket is loose, do not insert the power plug.
- There is a risk of electric shock or fire.
• The appliance must be positioned so that the plug is accessible after insta\
• Do use separate and reliable earthing power. Don’t share a socket with other
appliances. In order to ensure safety, the socket and its connecting wire must be able to
bear over 10A current.
Page 5 from 22
safety information _5
• The refrigerator must be grounded.
- You must ground the refrigerator to prevent any power leakages or electric shocks
caused by current leakage from the refrigerator.
• Never use gas pipes, telephone lines or other potential lightening rods as ground.
- Improper use of the ground plug can result in electric shock.
• Do not dissemble or repair the refrigerator by yourself.
- You run risk of causing a fire, malfunction and/or personal injury.
• If you smell pharmaceutical or smoke, pull out power plug immediately an\
d contact your
Samsung electronics service center.
• Keep ventilation opening in the appliance enclosure or mounting structure clear of
• Do not use mechanical devices or any other means to accelerate the defrosting
process, other than those recommended by the manufacturer.
• Don’t dismantle, repair or adapt structure of the refrigerator unadvisedly; otherwise, its
refrigeration system may be damaged. Do not damage the refrigerant circuit.
• Do not place or use electrical appliance inside the refrigerator/freezer, unless they are of
a type recommended by the manufacturer.
• Don’t put a dryer in the refrigerator for drying.
• Do not replace LED lamp privately and please contact the specialized repair staff if necessary.
• Children and other retardates can’t use the refrigerator without supervision.
• Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
• The appliance is not to be used by persons (including children) with reduced physical,
sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unl\
ess they have
been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person
responsible for their safety.
• Do not let children hang on the door. If not, a serious injury may occur.
• Do not touch the inside walls of the freezer or products stored in the freezer with wet
- This may cause frostbite.
• If the refrigerator is not to be used for a long period of time, pull out the po\
- Deterioration in the insulation may cause fire.
• Do not store articles on the top of the appliance.
- When you open or close the door, the articles may fall and cause personal injury and/
or material damage.
• Before the refrigerator is put into use, its leveling legs must be adjusted to conta\
ground, and the refrigerator must be leveled, so as to avoid tilting.
• This product is intended only for the storage of food in a domestic environment.
• Manufacturer’s recommended storage times should be adhered to.
Refer to relevant instructions.
• Bottle should be stored tightly together so that they do not fall out.
• Don’t store any carbonated drink or soda water in the freezer.
• Do not overfill the refrigerator with food.
- When you open the door, an item may fall out and cause personal injury or material
• Do not put bottles or glass containers in the freezer.
- When the contents freeze, the glass may break and cause personal injury.
• Do not spray inflammable gas near the refrigerator.
- There is a risk of explosion or fire.
• Do not directly spray water inside or outside the refrigerator or wipe it with benzene or
- There is a risk of fire or electric shock.