Page 51 from 69
48HP Deskjet F300 All-in-One series
Page 52 from 69
11HP warranty and support
This chapter provides warranty information as well as how to get support from the Internet,
access your serial number and service ID, contact HP customer support, and prepare the HP All-
in-One for shipment.
If you are unable to find the answer you need in the printed or onscreen documentation supplied
with your product, you can contact one of the HP support services listed in the following section.
Some support services are available only in the U.S. and Canada, while others are available in
many countries/regions worldwide. If a support service number is not listed for your country/
region, contact your nearest authorized HP dealer for help.
To obtain HP repair service, you must first contact an HP service office or an HP Customer
Support Center for basic troubleshooting. See Before you call HP customer support for steps to
take before calling Customer Support.
Depending on your country/region, HP might offer (for an additional fee) a warranty upgrade
option that extends or enhances your standard product warranty. Available options m\
priority phone support, return service, or next business day exchange. Typically, service
coverage begins on product purchase date and must be purchased within a limited time of
For more information, see:
● In the U.S., dial 1-866-234-1377 to speak to an HP advisor.
● Outside the U.S., please call your local HP Customer Support office. See Call elsewhere in
the world for a list of international Customer Support numbers.
● Go to the HP website at www.hp.com/support. If prompted, choose your country/region, and
then find warranty information.
User Guide 49
HP warranty and support
Page 53 from 69
A. Extent of limited warranty
1. Hewlett-Packard (HP) warrants to the end-user customer that the HP products specified above will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the duration specified above, w\
hich duration begins on the date of purchase
by the customer.
2. For software products, HP's limited warranty applies only to a failure t\
o execute programming instructions. HP does not warrant that the operation of any product will be uninterrupted or e\
3. HP's limited warranty covers only those defects that arise as a result o\
f normal use of the product, and does not cover any other problems, including those that arise as a result of:
a. Improper maintenance or modification;
b. Software, media, parts, or supplies not provided or supported by HP;
c. Operation outside the product's specifications;
d. Unauthorized modification or misuse.
4. For HP printer products, the use of a non-HP ink cartridge or a refilled ink cartridge does not affect either the warranty
to the customer or any HP support contract with the customer. However, if printer failure or damage is attributable to
the use of a non-HP or refilled ink cartridge, HP will charge its standard time and materials charges to service the
printer for the particular failure or damage.
5. If HP receives, during the applicable warranty period, notice of a defect in \
any product which is covered by HP's warranty, HP shall either repair or replace the product, at HP's option.
6. If HP is unable to repair or replace, as applicable, a defective product whic\
h is covered by HP's warranty, HP shall, within a reasonable time after being notified of the defect, refund the \
purchase price for the product.
7. HP shall have no obligation to repair, replace, or refund until the customer returns the defective product to\
8. Any replacement product may be either new or like-new, provided that it has functionality at least equal to that of the product being replaced.
9. HP products may contain remanufactured parts, components, or materials equ\
ivalent to new in performance.
10. HP's Limited Warranty Statement is valid in any country where the covered HP product is distributed by HP. Contracts
for additional warranty services, such as on-site service, may be availa\
ble from any authorized HP service facility in
countries where the product is distributed by HP or by an authorized importer.
B. Limitations of warranty TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LOCAL LAW, NEITHER HP NOR ITS THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS MAKES ANY
OTHER WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR
CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
C. Limitations of liability
1. To the extent allowed by local law, the remedies provided in this Warranty Statement are the customer's sole and exclusive remedies.
2. TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LOCAL LAW, EXCEPT FOR THE OBLIGATIONS SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH IN THIS WARRANTY STATEMENT, IN NO EVENT SHALL HP OR ITS THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR
DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER BASED ON
CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND WHETHER ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
D. Local law
1. This Warranty Statement gives the customer specific legal rights. The customer\
may also have other rights which vary from state to state in the United States, from province to province in C\
anada, and from country to country elsewhere
in the world.
2. To the extent that this Warranty Statement is inconsistent with local law, this Warranty Statement shall be deemed modified to be consistent with such local law. Under such local law, certain disclaimers and limitations of this Warranty
Statement may not apply to the customer. For example, some states in the United States, as well as some
governments outside the United States (including provinces in Canada),\
a. Preclude the disclaimers and limitations in this Warranty Statement from limiting the statutory rights of a consumer
(e.g., the United Kingdom);
b. Otherwise restrict the ability of a manufacturer to enforce such disclai\
mers or limitations; or
c. Grant the customer additional warranty rights, specify the duration of i\
mplied warranties which the manufacturer cannot disclaim, or allow limitations on the duration of implied warrant\
3. THE TERMS IN THIS WARRANTY STATEMENT, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT LAWFULLY PERMITTED, DO NOT EXCLUDE, RESTRICT, OR MODIFY, AND ARE IN ADDITION TO, THE MANDATORY STATUTORY RIGHTS
APPLICABLE TO THE SALE OF THE HP PRODUCTS TO SUCH CUSTOMERS. HP Limited Warranty
You will find below the name and address of the HP entity responsible for the performance of the HP Limited Warranty in your
You may have additional statutory rights against the seller based on your\
purchase agreement. Those rights are not
in any way affected by this HP Limited Warranty.
Ireland: Hewlett-Packard Ireland Ltd. 30 Herbert Street IRL-Dublin 2
United Kingdom: Hewlett-Packard Ltd, Cain Road, Bracknell, GB-Berks RG12 1HN
HP product Duration of limited warranty
Software 90 days
Print cartridges Until the HP ink is depleted or the “end of warranty” date printed
on the cartridge has been reached, whichever occurs first. This warranty does not cover HP ink products that have been refilled,
remanufactured, refurbished, misused, or tampered with.
Accessories 1 year
Printer peripheral hardware (see the following for details) 1 year
50 HP Deskjet F300 All-in-One series
HP warranty and support
Page 54 from 69
Get support and other information from the Internet
To find support and warranty information, go to the HP website at www.hp.com/support. If
prompted, choose your country/region, and then click Contact HP for information on calling for
This website also offers technical support, drivers, supplies, ordering information and other
options such as:
● Access online support pages.
● Send HP an e-mail message for answers to your questions.
● Connect with an HP technician by using online chat.
● Check for software updates.
Support options and availability vary by product, country/region, and language.
Before you call HP customer support
Software programs from other companies might be included with the HP All-in-One. If you
experience problems with any of those programs, you will receive the best technical assistance
by calling the experts at that company.
If you need to contact HP Customer Support, do the following before you call:
1. Make sure that:
a. The HP All-in-One is plugged in and turned on.
b. The specified print cartridges are installed correctly.
c. The recommended paper is properly loaded in the input tray.
2. Reset the HP All-in-One:
a. Turn off the HP All-in-One by pressing the On button.
b. Unplug the power cord from the back of the HP All-in-One.
c. Plug the power cord back into the HP All-in-One.
d. Turn on the HP All-in-One by pressing the On button.
3. To find support and warranty information, go to the HP website at www.hp.com/support. If
prompted, choose your country/region, and then click Contact HP for information on calling
for technical support.
Check the HP website for updated information or troubleshooting tips for the HP All-in-One .
4. If you are still experiencing problems and need to speak with an HP Customer Support Representative, do the following:
a. Have the specific name of the HP All-in-One, as it appears on the control panel,available.
b. Print a self-test report.
c. Make a color copy to have available as a sample printout.
d. Be prepared to describe your problem in detail.
e. Have your serial number and service ID ready.
5. Call HP Customer Support. Be near the HP All-in-One when you call.
For more information, see:
● Print a self-test report
● Access your serial number and service ID
Access your serial number and service ID
You can access the serial number and service ID for the HP All-in-One by printing a self-test
NoteIf the HP All-in-One is not turning on, you can view the serial number by looking
at the sticker on the rear side. The serial number is the 10-character code in the upper
left corner of the sticker.
User Guide 51
HP warranty and support
Page 55 from 69
To print a self-test report
1. Press and hold Cancel on the control panel.
2. While holding Cancel, press Start Copy Color .
The self-test report prints, containing the serial number and service ID.
Call in North America during warranty
Call 1-800-474-6836 (1-800-HP invent) . U.S. phone support is available in both English and
Spanish languages 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (days and hours of support may change
without notice). This service is free during the warranty period. A fee may apply outside the
Call elsewhere in the world
The numbers listed below are current as of the publication date of this guide. For a list of current
international HP Support Service numbers, go to www.hp.com/support and choose your own
country/region or language.
Support service is free during the warranty period; however, your standard long-distance phone
charges will apply. In some cases, additional fees might also apply.
For phone support in Europe, please check for the details and conditions of phone support in
your country/region by going to www.hp.com/support.
Alternatively, you can ask your dealer or call HP at the phone number provided in this guide.
As part of our constant efforts to improve our phone support service, we advise you to check our
website on a regular basis for new information regarding service features and delivery.
HP Deskjet F300 All-in-One series
HP warranty and support