Page 21 from 57
STEP 2-Connecting the Serial and USB Touchscreen Cable
• Connect the female end of the serial (RS-232) cable to the serial port on your PC, or
connect the USB( ) touchscreen cable to the USB( ) touchscreen connector on the back
of your touchmonitor.
• Connect the male end of the cable to the serial touchscreen connector on your
touchmonitor, or connect the other end of the USB( ) touchscreen cable to your PC.
• Secure the cable to your touchmonitor and PC by turning the screws on the connector.
• Please note that you can only have the usb or the serial feature connected. You can not
have both connected at the same time.
SERIAL TOUCHSCREEN CABLE
FEMALE 9-PIN SERIAL
CONNECTORS ON THE UNDERSIDE
Page 22 from 57
STEP 3-Connecting the Speaker Cable
• Connect the light blue end of the speaker cable to the light blue speaker port to the monitor
• Connect the lime (light green) end of the speaker cable to the lime speaker port on the
computer (audio out).
CONNECTIONS ON UNDERSIDE
2-8 Elo Touchmonitor User Guide
Page 23 from 57
STEP 4-Connecting the Power Cable
Depending on where you live, you will use either the European or US/Canadian power cable.
• Connect the female end of the power cable to the medical grade power adaptor.
• Connect the brick power cable into the power port on the touchmonitor.
• Route the cable through the cable management channel.
NOTE: To protect your equipment against risk of damage from electrical surges in the power line,
plug the touchmonitor’s power cord into a surge protector, and then connect the surge
protector to a grounded AC electrical outlet.
CONNECTIONS ON UNDERSIDE
Page 24 from 57
Mounting the Display
Your medically certified touchscreen display conforms to the VESA Flat Panel Monitor Physical
Mounting Interface (FPMPMI) standard. The FPMPMI standard defines a physical mounting
interface for flat panel displays. Your display conforms to the corresponding standards for flat
panel display mounting devices, such as for walls and table arms. The VESA mounting interface
is located on the back of your touchscreen display and is pre-connected to the pedestal.
Figure : VESA mounting interface location, pedestal removedˆ
1 Screw location, M4 Phillips, ×4
Note:You will need a Phillips screwdriver to mount the display or remove the pedestal.
2-10 Elo Touchmonitor User Guide
Page 25 from 57
Rear Mounting Using the VESA Interface
1 If the display is already connected to a pedestal, remove the four screws that connect the
pedestal to the display (refer to Figure2-1 , item
1 ). Separate the pedestal from the display.
2 Reinstall the four screws into the VESA interface mount. Ensure that the monitor is
positioned with the correct side up.
3 Mount the monitor to the wall according to the template shown in Figure 2-2. Route the
cables through the cable access opening (Figure2-2, item
Figure 2-2: Rear mount template (not to scale)
VESA Mounting Options
The following companies provide VESA mounting devices compatible with your touchscreen
Innovative Office Products