Page 1 from 57
Touchmonitor User Guide
1928L 19” LCD Desktop Touchmonitor
Page 2 from 57
1928L 19” LCD Desktop Touchmonitor
Page 3 from 57
Copyright © 2008 Tyco Electronics Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this publication may be reproduced, transmitted, transcribed, stored in a retrieval system,
or translated into any language or computer language, in any form or by any means, including,
but not limited to, electronic, magnetic, optical, chemical, manual, or otherwise without prior
written permission of Elo TouchSystems.
The information in this document is subject to change without notice. Elo TouchSystems makes
no representations or warranties with respect to the contents hereof, and specifically disclaims
any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Elo TouchSystems
reserves the right to revise this publication and to make changes from time to time in the content
hereof without obligation of Elo TouchSystems to notify any person of such revisions or changes.
Elo Touchsystems AccuTouch and IntelliTouch are trademarks of Tyco Electronics Corporation.
Other product names mentioned herein may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their re-
Page 4 from 57
Warnings and Cautions
• Danger - Explosion hazard. Do not use in the presence of flammable anesthetics, and other
• To prevent fire or shock hazards, do not immerse the unit in water or expose it to rain or
• Do not use the unit with an extension cord receptacle or other outlets unless the prongs of the
power cord can be fully inserted.
• RISK OF ELECTRICAL SHOCK - DO NOT OPEN. To reduce the risk of electrical shock,
DO NOT remove the back of the equipment or open the enclosure. No user-serviceable parts
are inside. Refer servicing to qualified field service engineers only.
• Uninsulated voltage within the unit may have sufficient magnitude to cause electrical shock.
Avoid contact with any part inside the unit.
• This device complies with all applicable electromagnetic emission and immunity standards
for medical device equipment. This device is designed to not cause harmful interference, and
to accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
The performance of this device is limited to the emission and immunity standards that have
been applied. Other device which are not designed to withstand emission levels as specified
in the medical device standards may be susceptible to interference from this device.
Subjecting the device to conditions beyond the rated performance capabilities may result in
emissions in excess of the standard. If it is determined that this device produces
electromagnetic or other interference it must be disconnected from power until the cause of
the problem has been determined and resolved. If it is determined that this device is
functioning improperly due to electromagnetic and other interference it must be disconnected
from power until the cause of the problem has been determined and resolved.
• Elo TouchSystems recommends that after its useful life (or after sustaining unrepairable
damage), customers dispose of the touchmonitor and its power supply in an environmentally
sound manner. Acceptable methods include the reuse of parts or whole products and the
recycling of products, components, and materials. Please consult and obey national state, and
local laws and ordinances governing the safe disposal of electronic equipment.
Note that the fluorescent lamps inside this product contain mercury and must be recycled or
disposed of according to local, state, or national laws. For more information, contact the
Electronic Industries Alliance at www.eiae.org.
This product consists of devices that may contain mercury, which must be recycled or disposed of
in accordance with local, state, or federal laws. (Within this system, the backlight lamps in the
monitor display contain mercury.)
Page 5 from 57
• Power cord is used as a disconnection device. To de-energize equipment, disconnect the
• This unit must follow the national requirement and local state laws to dispose unit.
• Before connecting the cables to your Elo touchmonitor, make sure all components are
Only approved components complying with IEC60601-1 series can be connected to ET1928L
in Patient Environment. The use of ACCESSORY equipment not complying with the
equivalent safety requirements of this equipment may lead to a reduced safety of the resulting
system. Consideration relating to the choices of accessory equipment should include:· Use of
accessory in the patient environment.· Evidence that the safety certification of the accessory
has been performed in accordance to the appropriate IEC 60601-1 and/or IEC 60601-1-1 har
monized national standard.
• For continued safety -
- This unit only complies to the above standards if used with a medical grade power cord.
-A medical grade power supply, such as the one specified, is required for use in a medical
• This symbol alerts the user to important information concerning the operation and
maintenance of this unit, which should be read carefully to avoid problems.
• This symbol means DC Current.
• This symbol means ON/OFF stand-by switch.