Page 6 from 60
Page 7 from 60
• Read all instructions before installing and operating the TV.
• Keep this user guide in a safe place for future reference.
• To reduce the risk of bodily injury, electric shock, fire, and damage to the TV, observe all warnings
and precautions in this user guide.
• Follow all instructions in this user guide.
• Do not use attachments that are not recommended by HP with this product. Use of inadequate
attachments may result in damage to the product or personal injury.
Opening the package:
• Due to the size and weight of the TV, it is recommended that a minimum of two people move it.
• If speakers are attached to the TV, do not lift the TV by the speakers; instead, use the handles and
the area under the screen.
• The protective glass and the glass substrate are installed on the front of the TV. Because both
glasses can be broken and scraped easily, move the product gently. Never place the TV with the
glass facing downward, unless it is protected with pads.
• The TV is packaged in a carton with other standard accessories. When opening the carton, check
that the TV is in good condition and that all standard accessories and items are included. Any
optional accessories come separately in another carton.
Installing the TV:
• A specified technician from the distributor or authorized agent should install the TV. Refer to “Wall
Mounting or Stand Replacement” on page 4 for more information.
• Install the TV on a flat surface to avoid tipping. Leave some distance between the back of the TV
and the wall for proper ventilation. Never install the unit where the ventilation on the top of the TV
is covered. Otherwise, fire or damage to the unit may occur.
• Avoid installing the TV in the kitchen, the bathroom, or any other area with high humidity. Damp
conditions may shorten the service life of the electronic components, or may cause fire or electrical
• Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding-type plug. A polarized plug has two
blades with one wider than the other. A grounding-type plug has two blades and a third grounding
prong. The wide blade, or the third prong, is provided for your safety. If the provided plug does not
fit your outlet, consult an electrician for replacement of the obsolete outlet.
• Route power and signal cords appropriately to avoid stepping or tripping on them.
• Do not install this TV outdoors; rain or extended direct sunlight may damage the unit.
• Do not install the TV in a vehicle; vibrations may damage the unit, or the unit may fall and cause
• Do not install the TV in a ship or a vessel; seawater damages the unit and may start a fire.
• Do not use this TV near water.
Page 8 from 60
• Install the TV horizontally; any 90-degree clockwise or counterclockwise installation may induce
poor ventilation and subsequent component damage. Do not hang the TV from the ceiling; the unit
may fall and cause injury.
• Do not install near appliances, such as a microwave.
• Do not install near a heat source, such as a fireplace or radiator.
• Do not place the TV on an unstable cart or stand; the unit may fall over and cause injury.
• Use only with the cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table specified by the manufacturer, or sold with
the TV. When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/TV combination to avoid injury
• Do not install the TV where it has a protruding edge. For example, do not place the TV where an
edge overhangs a table. Do not install the product on a column, where it may accidentally fall.
• If moving the TV from a cold place to a warm place, condensation may occur inside the unit. Allow
the condensation to dry before turning on the unit.
• Unplug the TV during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
• Clean only with a soft dry cloth.
CAUTION: Danger of explosion if battery is incorrectly replaced. Replace only with the
same or equivalent type.
DANGEROUS VOLTAGE: Do not attempt to repair your television yourself. Removing
the back cover of the TV may cause fire or electric shock. An HP authorized service
provider should do service needed on components inside the TV.
If the following conditions exist, unplug the TV from the electrical outlet and contact a qualified service
• When the power cord or plug is damaged.
• When liquid was spilled on the product or when objects have fallen into the product.
• When the product does not operate as described in the instructions.
• When the product has been damaged or dropped.
• When the product displays an abnormal condition.
• When the product was exposed to rain or water.
• When the product shows signs of overheating.
CAUTION: These servicing instructions are for use by qualified service personnel only.
To reduce the risk of electrical shock, do not perform any servicing other than that
contained in the operating instructions unless you are qualified to do so.
Avoid hot areas: The TV should be placed away from heat sources such as radiators, heat
registers, stoves, or other products (including amplifiers).
Avoid wet areas: Never use the TV in a wet location.
Page 9 from 60
Safety 3 Avoid pushing objects into the product: Never push objects of any kind into cabinet slots or
other openings in the TV. Slots and openings are provided for ventilation. These openings must not be
blocked or covered.
Using mounting accessories: Any mounting of the TV should follow the manufacturer’s
instructions and should use the mounting accessory recommended by the manufacturer.
Adjust the volume: Turn down the volume before using headphones or other audio devices.
Use the correct external power source: The product should be operated only from the type of
power source indicated on the electrical ratings label. If you are not sure of the type of power source
required, consult your HP authorized service provider or local power company.
Position the power cord carefully: Route the power cord so that it will not be walked on,
tripped over, or pinched by items placed upon or against it. Pay particular attention to the plug,
electrical outlet and the point where the power cord exits the product.
Overloading: Do not overload an electrical outlet, power strip, or convenience receptacle. The
overall system load must not exceed 80% of the power strip input rating.
Observe extension cord ratings: If an extension cord or power strip is used, make sure that the
cord or strip is rated for the product and that the total ampere ratings of all products plugged into the
extension cord or power strip do not exceed 80% of the extension cord or strip ampere ratings limit.
Using cables and power cords:
• Plug the product into a grounded (earthed) electrical outlet that is easily accessible at all times.
• Do not disable the power cord grounding plug. The ground plug is an important safety feature.
• Disconnect power from the TV by unplugging the power cord from the electrical outlet.
• Do not pull on cords and cables. When unplugging the cord from an electrical outlet, grasp and
pull the cord by the plug.
• Do not attempt to power the TV with converter kits sold for appliances.
• Unplug the TV from the electrical outlet before cleaning. Do not use liquid cleaners or aerosol
WARNING: Do not place any objects on top of the TV. Spilled water or metal objects
may cause short circuit, fire, or electric shock if they penetrate into the housing of
Never use a damaged power cord. Do not place power cords in areas where they can
be pinched, stepped on, or otherwise compromised. Heavy objects, heat, chemicals,
or tensile force may damage the power cord and cause fire or electric shock.
Do not change or open the back cover. Removing the back cover of the TV may cause
fire or electric shock. Contact the manufacturer when inspection or adjustment is
Do not use the TV if any abnormality occurs. If any smoke or odor becomes apparent,
unplug the power cord and contact the manufacturer immediately.
Do not try to repair the TV on your own.
Page 10 from 60
Cleaning the TV
Use a dry, soft cloth to remove dust from the TV screen and the chassis.
• Unplug the TV before cleaning the screen.
• A special anti-glare coating is applied to the screen of your TV. Using solvents such as alcohol or
abrasive material such as a power towel may affect the screen coating or bezel paint.
• Do not expose the product to volatile gas or fluid such as a pesticide.
• Do not put the TV in contact with vinyl or rubber products for a long period of time. Extended
contact may result in the removal of the coating or degradation of the surface.
Wall Mounting or Stand Replacement
A specified technician from the distributor or authorized agent should install the TV, including stand
replacement or wall mounting. Wall mounting brackets are sold separately and are not included with
Wall mounting the TV requires:
• Removal of the transport handles on the back of the TV.
• Removal of the stand from the TV panel.
• Assembly of the wall mounting bracket and installation of the bracket onto the TV panel.
• Placement and installation of the TV panel with wall bracket onto the wall.
Due to the size and weight of the TV, it is recommended that a minimum of two people move it.