Page 1 from 5
HP DesignJet Cash In & Trade Up
August 2016 promotion
Terms and conditions
A. HP DesignJet Cash In & Trade Up August 2016 program structure
Within the framework of the HP DesignJet Cash In & Trade Up August 2016 program, “Participants” (as defined below) may claim cash back
awards by purchasing Qualifying HP DesignJet Products (referenced in section D below) and submitting a claim in accordance with the
following terms and conditions.
The HP DesignJet Cash In & Trade Up August2016 program is referred to in the following terms and conditions as the “Program”.
Only End-User Customers are allowed to participate in this Program and claim and receive any cash back award.
Resellers may submit claims on behalf of their customers.
The Reseller must pass the full cash back amount to the customer first. It must be clearly indicated on the invoice or lease that the credit
has been given up front to the customer as part of the purchase or lease price.
The company claiming and entitled to receive the cash back award is referred to in these terms and conditions as the “Participant”.
The list of eligible HP DesignJet products can be found in section D of this document.
Any eligible products purchased under the Program are referred to in these terms and conditions as “HP Products”.
The Program is valid in respect of HP DesignJet Products purchased between August 1, 2016, and August 31, 2016, from HP or through HP
U.S. Authorized Reseller. Valid only in the United States.
The Program is not valid if the HP Products are rented or leased to a third party.
Only new HP Products are eligible to take part in the Program. The promotion is not valid on refurbished printers, printers purchased /leased
through Internet auctions, or from any other unauthorized reseller of HP products. The Reseller demo units DO qualify for an eligible new
Promoter: HP Development Company, L.P. (referred to herein as 'HP').
Program steps and timing
The Participant can obtain information about and register for the Program on the website www.hp.com/go/cashin
1. Purchase—Purchase or lease a qualifying new HP DesignJet T730 36-inch Printer, HP DesignJet T830 36-inch Multifunction Printer, HP
DesignJet T2530 36-inch PostScript Multifunction Printer, HP DesignJet T3500 36-inch Production Multifunction Printer and the HP
DesignJet PostScript®/PDF Upgrade Kit2 , HP DesignJet Z6200 42-inch Photo Production Printer, HP DesignJet Z6600 60-inch Production
Printer or HP DesignJet Z6800 Photo Production Printer between August 1, 2016, and August 31, 2016. Rebate values are determined by
the new printer purchased or leased. You will be required to return the formatter board, mother board or control panel from your old,
eligible printer or copier. You do not need to return the entire trade-in product. See the chart for rebate and trade-in product details.
2. Claim form—Complete and submit the online claim form by September 30, 2016. Any claims received after this date will be rejected. After
you submit your online claim, Market Velocity (MVI) will send a confirmation email with the claim number and instructions on your next step
of the claim process. Please print and save for your records. Reference this claim number for questions relating to this promotion. You must
supply the serial number and make/model of the eligible trade-in product during this claiming step.
3. Proof of Purchase—Fax in a copy of your confirmation email, your proof of purchase sales invoice(s) (or lease documents) and any HP Care
Pack Services purchase to 1-770-217-4097 or email to [email protected] NOTE: You must submit your proof of
purchase by September 30, 2016. Last day to submit claim and proof of purchase is the same date which is September30, 2016. The
invoice must show both printer and Care Pack purchase on the same invoice. If the serial number(s) of your eligible new Printer(s) is not
listed on your sales invoice(s), please write the serial number(s) of your eligible new Printer(s) on the sales(s) prior to submitting. Be sure to
keep a copy of your entire claim for your records. You may also mail to:
Page 2 from 5
Market Velocity, Inc.
HP Cash In & Trade Up August 2016 promotion
1305 Mall of Georgia Blvd. Suite 190
Buford, GA 30519
The proof of purchase must contain the following information:
Name and address of the end-user customer;
Name and address of the HP reseller, in accordance with the statement on the letterhead; and
Model, serial number and purchase price of the HP Product.
If Rebate is being passed on to end-user customer upfront by HP Reseller, end-user customer invoice or lease must show line
item detailing Cash In & Trade Up rebate amount being deducted from printer price to arrive at net printer price.
If invoice/lease date is after the promotional purchase period, order date to distributor must be within the promotional purchase
period and that order date must be listed on the invoice/lease.
If further review is necessary, HP reserves the right to request the distributor invoice to ensure that the order was placed on
behalf of the end-user customer within the promotional purchase period.
4. Shipping trade-in product— Within one (1) business day of validation of your Proof of Purchase, shipping instructions and a shipping
label will be emailed to you for shipment of the formatter board, motherboard or control panel. The shipping instructions/label is valid
until October 31, 2016.
For removal of the formatter board or motherboard, please contact your HP U.S. Authorized Reseller. In the alternative, you may get
instructions for removal of the boards for HP products from Market Velocity, Inc.; for third-party products, please refer to the owners
or service manual for that product. If using either of these alternative methods, use extreme caution, switch off the product and
remove the power cable before proceeding with removal of the formatter or motherboard.
Trade-in product must be picked up by HP's designated freight carrier by October 31, 2016.
You also have the option of recycling your eligible trade-in, large-format printer through this promotion. When submitting your claim on-line
you will have an option to select “Recycle my eligible trade-in printer” in the “Return Options” area. Your credit card will be billed $325, and
shipping instructions will be emailed to you.
All incomplete claims will be automatically rejected, and must be completed and resubmitted to be processed. A claim is considered
incomplete if it matches one or more of the following criteria: missing any information requested on the claim form, missing serial
number of new printer(s) purchased, missing proof of purchase documents, invoice with invalid purchase date, invalid trade-in
product(s) for recycle are not shipped by October31, 2016.
5. Cash back1—Please allow eight (8) weeks from the time your trade-in claim is complete for receipt of your cash-back check.
Completion of your clam includes pick up of your Trade-in Product(s), and receipt of your proof(s) of purchase/lease. For questions
regarding the status of your submission, please contact the promotion help line at 1-866-525-4178 Monday–Friday between the
hours of 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time. Once your claim is submitted, your purchase invoice received and validated, and your
trade-in formatter board, motherboard or control panel shipped allow eight (8) weeks to get your cash back check. If you have not
received payment after eight (8) weeks, please contact customer service by calling 1-866-525-4178.
Trade-in pickup and delivery
The Trade-in Product(s) must be located in the U.S.
The shipping instructions are valid until October 31, 2016.
The formatter board, motherboard or control panel of the eligible large-format product(s) must be shipped by
October 31, 2016, for the appropriate cash-back allowance.
Trade-in Product(s) must be able to be powered on. The Trade-in Product(s) must be complete and in good working condition.
"Complete" means that the Trade-in Product(s) will include, at a minimum, all hardware, software and component parts and copies
of all applicable license(s) needed for the Trade-in Product(s) to operate. "Powered on" means that, at a minimum, all parts of the
Trade-in Product(s) will be capable of being turned on.
You agree to remove all data from your current product before shipping it. You are responsible for removing all data, including without
limitation, any personally identifiable information or protected healthcare information, from your current product before shipping it. By
sending Market Velocity your product, you agree to release Market Velocity and HP from any claim as to the data stored in such product,
or in any media or data storage device included with any product that you send to Market Velocity, and for the security, integrity,
confidentiality, disclosure or use of any such data. Market Velocity and HP will not be responsible for securing, protecting, keeping secret
or otherwise managing any form of data or information that is stored on or otherwise contained in any product that you send to Market
Velocity (including any computer hard drive, ROM, CD-ROM, disk or other storage media of any form).
Page 3 from 5
Participants providing an incomplete claim form will be notified via email and offered the opportunity to provide the required items within
seven (7) calendar days. If the Participant still fails to comply with the terms and conditions, the claim for cash back will be refused. HP will
not be liable for any delay in responding outside of the seven (7) day timeframe.
HP endeavors to process valid payment claims in six (6) to eight (8) weeks from receiving the completed request from the Participant or as
soon as practical thereafter.
Payment will be made via check.
For questions regarding the Program or the status of your claim, please email: [email protected]
HP U.S. Authorized Resellers may submit claims on behalf of their end-user customer by following the same claim process outlined
HP will not compensate HP U.S. Authorized Resellers for discounts that exceed the promotion cash back allowance. HP Cash In & Trade
Up August 2016 promotion is an end-user customer trade-in promotion and the entire cash-back allowance must be passed on from the
reseller to the end-user customer. Participation in the HP Cash In & Trade Up August 2016 promotion indicates that end-user customer
agrees that its reseller, and not HP, is solely responsible for any negotiated sums exceeding HP's authorized trade-in values.
Reseller must pass the full cash back amount to the customer first. It must be clearly indicated on the invoice or lease that the credit has
been given upfront to the customer as part of the purchase or lease price. MVI and HP will be auditing claims to ensure authenticity. Claims
that do not show this may be rejected.
Reseller must submit to Market Velocity the Trade-in Product(s) that was provided by end-user customer. Reseller may not substitute
other Trade-in Product(s) or submit Trade-in Product(s) not owned by end-user customer.
If Printer rebate is being passed on to end-user customer upfront by HP Reseller, end-user customer invoice or lease must show line item
detailing Cash In & Trade Up rebate amount being deducted from printer price to arrive at net printer price.
If Care Pack rebate is being passed on to end-user customer upfront by HP Reseller, end-user customer invoice or lease must show line
item detailing Cash In & Trade Up rebate amount being deducted from Care Pack price to arrive at net Care Pack price.
Leased product: This promotion is valid only in the U.S. and available for new lease agreements entered into between an HP U.S. Authorized
Reseller and you if the following conditions are met:
The new lease agreement must be for at least a one-(1) year term and the newly leased unit must replace an older eligible product
(HP or non-HP) that is being removed from service;
The sales invoice submitted with the claim must list the leasing services of the item being sold (e.g. for lease of an HP DesignJet XXX
applicable (date) through (date)) and a copy of the lease must be attached to the sales agreement;
Both the new lease unit and the Trade-in Product(s) must be eligible product(s);
The Reseller must pass the full cash back amount to the customer first. It must be clearly indicated on the sales invoice or lease that
the credit has been given up front to the customer as part of the purchase or lease price.
Government or Education involvement
Government customers are legally identified Federal, State or Local government organizations within U.S. Cash back checks will be issued in the name
of the government organization only. Education customers are higher education institutions and schools (K12), both public and private, within U.S.
Cash back checks will be issued in the name of the educational institution only.
C. Terms and conditions
1. To take advantage of the Program, Participants must complete the online claim form (available at www.hp.com/go/cashin), and attach proof of
purchase for the HP Product in the form of the seller’s invoice, via scan or email attachment.
Proof of order will not be accepted. The seller’s invoice must clearly show the Participant’s name and address, part codes of the HP Products
purchased the purchase price and the date of purchase.
The Participant must claim by September 30, 2016, and must not send original invoices as these cannot be returned. HP must receive the claim
form and supporting documents no later than midnight on September 30, 2016. Last day to submit claim and proof of purchase is the same
date which is September 30, 2016.
2. Once the claim form and supporting documents have been received, your invoice will be reviewed and validated. Then shipping instructions will
be emailed back to the participant.
3. Participants providing an incomplete claim form will be notified via email and offered the opportunity to provide the required items within seven
(7) calendar days. If the Participant still fails to comply with the terms and conditions, the claim for cash back will be refused. HP will not be liable
Page 4 from 5
for any delay in responding outside of the seven (7) day timeframe.
4. Payment will be made via check to the Participant stated as the purchaser on the proof of purchase invoice supplied.
5. HP endeavors to process valid payment claims in six (6) to eight (8) weeks from claim completion. HP will not be liable where claims are
processed outside of this timeframe. For questions regarding the status of your claim, please email: [email protected]
6. The cash back will not be granted to a Participant who:
has not purchased or leased a HP Product within the promotional period;
has not completed the claim form correctly;
has not supplied proof of purchase;
has not shipped formatter/motherboard or control panel
failed in any way to comply with these terms and conditions as determined in HP's sole discretion.
7. In addition to the invoice for the HP Product, HP reserves the right to request from the Participant further evidence of purchase and/or ownership
(e.g. photo of the serial number label, barcodes, etc.).
8. By completing the claim registration process, Participant confirms acceptance of these terms and conditions.
9. HP reserves the right to disqualify incomplete, altered or illegible claims.
10. HP is not responsible or liable for any technical, hardware, software, server, website, or other failures or damage of any kind to
the extent that this prevents or otherwise obstructs the Participant from participating in the Program.
11. HP reserves the right to audit all cash back requests to ensure that the terms and conditions of the Program have been met and
to request additional information regarding any and all claims and supporting documents.
12. All documentation submitted for this Program becomes property of HP and will not be returned. Submission of false, incorrect, misleading or
fraudulent documentation may result in disqualification from this Program and future HP promotions and may result in the submitter being
subject to legal action.
13. HP may cancel this Program where required to do so for legal or commercial reasons arising from applicable laws.
14. The decisions of HP in respect of any and all aspects of the promotion will be final and binding.
15. HP large-format printers eligible for this promotion are subject to change. Offer is subject to product availability; promotion valid while supplies
16. HP reserves the right to amend or cancel the terms of this offer at any time without notice.
17. To the full extent of applicable law, HP shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature howsoever caused to Participants pursuant
to this Program.
18. In the event of false, erroneous claims submitted by the Participant, or overpayments made by HP, and subject to HP serving not less than thirty
(30) days prior written notice, the Participant shall repay or reimburse HP for any such false, erroneous claims or overpayments, and the
Participant shall hold HP harmless and indemnify HP from any liability, claims, damages and tax liabilities arising in such circumstances.
19. If an HP Product is returned, no claim may be made for a cash back reward for the HP Product. If the cash back award has already been paid to
Participant on a returned HP Product, it must be fully paid back to HP.
20. Cash back awards calculated in accordance with the Program terms and conditions are exclusive of taxes. HP will apply local mandatory taxes
when processing the payments. The Participant is responsible for fulfilling any tax obligations imposed by local
21. Transmission errors—MVI makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of all information that you receive in relation to your
Trade-in Product(s). In the event of typographical errors, technical inaccuracies, or product pricing errors or omissions, MVI reserves the right
to correct the error within seven (7) calendar days of the trade. If MVI corrects the error, MVI will provide you with the following options: (1) to
proceed with the transaction based on the corrected information; or (2) to cancel your transaction, in which case MVI will promptly send the
Trade-in Product(s) back (if possible) or replace it with like product (i.e., similar make, model and condition).
22. The Program is valid in U.S. only.
23. The cash back agreement between HP and the Participant is executed through the Participant’s acceptance of the terms and conditions in course
of the registration process on the Program web page www.hp.com/go/cashin.
24. HP Products purchased outside the U.S. are not authorized for participation.
25. This Program may be combined with HP Instant Rebate promotions, and may NOT be combined with other HP discount offers such as education
rebates, big deal pricing, volume discounts, letter of intent offers and trade show specials.
26. #BCB models are not eligible for HP Cash In & Trade Up promotions.
27. This promotion is a one-for-one trade only.
28. This Program is not open to employees of HP, their agents, participating resellers or anyone connected with the program.
29. Participants proved to have entered fraudulent claims will be excluded. HP reserves the right to take legal action with respect to any such
30. The payment will be made upon HP’s satisfaction that the Participant has fully complied with these terms and conditions and the associated
Page 5 from 5
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH DELAWARE LAW, AND NO CONFLICT OF LAWS
PROVISIONS OF ANY JURISDICTION WILL APPLY TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. BY ACCEPTING THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU AGREE THAT
ANY ACTION AT LAW OR IN EQUITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS WILL BE FILED ONLY IN STATE OR FEDERAL
COURT LOCATED IN DELAWARE AND YOU HEREBY IRREVOCABLY AND UNCONDITIONALLY CONSENT AND SUBMIT TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION
OF SUCH COURTS OVER ANY SUIT, ACTION OR PROCEEDING ARISING OUT OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (AUGUST 2016).
D. Qualifying new HP Products
1 Purchase/lease must be made from HP or through HP U.S. Authorized Resellers Cash back provided by mail-in rebate av ailable for eligible purchases made August 1, 2016–August 31, 2016. All c laims and proof of purchase must be submitted by September 30, 2016. The formatter board, motherboard or control panel must be shipped by October 31, 2016. Offer is subject to product availability; promotion valid while supplies last. Additional restrictions apply. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. For c laim form, visit hp.com/go/cashin. HP also reserves the right to modify or cancel this offer at any time without notice. 2 The HP DesignJet T3500 36-inch Production Multifunction Printer and the HP DesignJet PostScript®/PDF Upgrade Kit must be purchased and submitted on the same invoice to be eligible for this offer. 3 The qualify ing HP DesignJet printer and associated qualify ing HP Care Pack need to be purchased together. PostScript is a trademark of Adobe Systems Incorporated. © Copyright 2016 HP Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompany ing such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.