Page 61 from 106
GMX 200 Installation Manual Page 5-27
190-00607-04 Revision D 22.214.171.124 FIS Data Link Checkout Procedure
1. After the GMX 200 has been running for at least two minutes, verify that the amber XM flag is not
2. Select the Flight Information Service (FIS) function on the GMX 200, and then press the fourth
(rightmost) smart key repeatedly until the status page is displayed.
3. Press the MENU/ENT key to display the menu items, and press the Products line select key, followed
by the Diagnostics line select key to get to the activation page.
4. Verify that the Data Radio ID field has a valid value and does not contain ‘---‘.
Page 62 from 106
Page 5-28 GMX 200 Installation Manual
Revision D 190-00607-04 126.96.36.199 XM Satellite Radio Audio Checkout Procedure
1. Select the XM function on the GMX 200.
If the XM Satellite Radio audio subscription has not been activated,
audio is available only on Channel 1. If the audio subscription has been
activated, audio should be available on multiple channels.
2. Select an audio channel and press the Mute line select key as required to unmute the audio.
3. Verify that audio can be heard over the headsets. Adjustment of the volume may be required.
5.5.10 Garmin GDL 90 Checkout Procedure
If a Garmin GDL 90 has been connected to the GMX 200, the interface should be verified as described in
1. Verify that the amber TRAF flag is not displayed.
2. Select the Traffic (TRAF) function on the GMX 200.
3. On the lower right hand corner of the traffic function page, verify that a valid Broadcast ID (i.e. the
Broadcast: should not be ‘---‘ as shown above).
If the GMX 200 is configured for Disp/Cntl, the following step must be
4. Using the menu (displayed by pressing the MENU/ENT key) change between ‘Broadcast FID’ and
‘Broadcast VFR’ and verify that the Broadcast: field updates accordingly.
Page 63 from 106
GMX 200 Installation Manual Page 5-29
190-00607-04 Revision D
5.5.11 EMI/RFI Check
After installing the GMX 200 and verifying that all interfaces to external equipment are working
correctly, a brief EMI/RFI check must be conducted. This check will verify that the GMX 200 does not
produce unacceptable interference in other avionics systems, and other avionics systems do not produce
unacceptable interference in the GMX 200.
1. Start the aircraft engines and switch to aircraft power. Turn on all avionics except the GMX 200.
2. With the GMX 200 switched off, verify that all existing avionics systems are functioning properly.
3. Turn the GMX 200 on and remove power from all other avionics systems.
Removing power from systems interfaced to the GMX 200 will cause the
associated system flags on the GMX 200 to be displayed. This is normal
behavior and does not constitute a test failure.
4. Apply power to the other avionics systems one at a time and verify that the system is functioning
properly without any unacceptable interference caused by the GMX 200. Ensure that there is no
unacceptable interference in the GMX 200 when the avionic system is powered up. Wait for the
system to begin functioning normally before applying power to the next system.
5.6 Viewing GWX 68 Software Part Numbers & Versions
Starting with software V2.10, to view the GWX 68 software part numbers and versions:
1. Power on the GMX 200 in the install mode.
2. Press the FN key until RADAR is displayed.
3. Press the STBY/ON key.
4. Press the TEST key.
5. Press the ENT/Menu key.
6. Press the CALB key.
7. Press the VER key to view the GWX 68 software part numbers and versions.
Page 64 from 106
Page 5-30 GMX 200 Installation Manual
Revision D 190-00607-04
This Page Intentionally Left Blank
Page 65 from 106
GMX 200 Installation Manual Page 5-31
190-00607-04 Revision D Table 5-3. GMX 200 Series Post-Installation Checkout Log
GMX 200 Post-Installation Checkout Log Date: ____ /____ /____
INFORMATION: Aircraft Model ______________________ Aircraft Serial # ______________
GMX 200 P/N ________________________________ Mod Level __________
GMX 200 Model ________________________ Serial # _________________
Enable/Disable Functions (FUNC) External Data Sources (DATA)
Message: Enabled Disabled External GPS Pos’n Source: None Port ____
Custom Map: Enabled Disabled GPS Source Type: ___________________
IFR Enroute Map: Enabled Disabled Altitude Source: None Port ____
VFR Sectional Map: Enabled Disabled Altitude Type: None GPS Pressure
Split Screen Function: Enabled Disabled NAV Source: None Port ____
Traffic: Enabled Disabled Lightning Source: None Port ____
Flight Plan: Enabled Disabled UAT Source: None Port ____
Terrain: Enabled Disabled Ryan TCAD Source None Port ____
FIS Data Link: Enabled Disabled Traffic Source (429) None TAS TAS+Disp
XM Sat. Radio: Enabled Disabled Transponder TIS Source: None GTX 330
Lightning: Enabled Disabled Radar Source: None ________________
Radar: Enabled Disabled TAWS Source: None ________________
System: Enabled Disabled GDL69 Source: None Port ____
Miscellaneous Setup Options (MISC) Optional Items
Ownship Broadcast Flight ID: ________________ ChartView Activated: Yes No
Ownship Symbol: _________________________
Terrain Clearance Mode: Normal
Demo Mode (Not for Flight): Disabled
Radar Indicator: All 1 2
GDL 90 UAT Radio: Disp+Ctrl Disp Only
GDL Code Edit: Disabled
GDL 69 Cable Loss: ___________ dB
GDL 69 Antenna Gain: ___________ dB
After completing configuration and prior to checkout, restart unit for changes to take effect
Page 1 of 2