Page 11 from 134
Garmin-Asus A10 Owner’s Manual 3
Installing the microSD Card
Insert the microSD card in the
➊ with the gold
contacts facing down.
Installing the Battery
1. Locate the battery ➊ that came in
the product box.
2. Locate the metal contacts on the
end of the battery and in the battery
3. Insert the battery with the
Garmin-Asus logo facing up and
the metal contacts on the battery
aligned with the contacts in the
Replacing the Battery Cover
1. Properly align the battery cover on
the back of the device.
2. Press the battery cover down until it
snaps into place.
Charging the Battery
Your device will not charge if the
temperature has exceeded 140°F
(60°C). If the device is mounted in the
windshield, remove it from the mount
and place it somewhere out of direct
sunlight to allow the battery to charge.
Charge the battery for at least four
hours before using the device for the
If you completely discharge the battery,
recharge it for at least 20 minutes
before turning on your device.
1. Insert the plug into the AC power
adapter, if necessary.
Page 12 from 134
4 Garmin-Asus A10 Owner’s Manual
2. Plug the USB cable into the AC
3. Connect the micro-USB end of the
USB cable to the connector on the
bottom of the device.
4. Plug the AC adapter into a power
Alternate Charging Methods
• (Preferred) Use the vehicle power
cable connected to the cradle, with
the device in the cradle.
• Use the vehicle power cable
connected to the device (not the
• Use the USB cable connected to
your device and a computer.
• Use the battery charger accessory.
For more information about
accessories, go to www.garminasus
Registering Your Product
1. Go to www.garminasus.com
2. Select your region, if necessary.
3. Under the A10, click Product
4. Follow the on-screen instructions.
After registering, click Maps to see if
you are eligible for one or more map
Mounting Your Device
This product contains a lithium-ion
battery. To prevent the possibility of
personal injury or product damage
caused by battery exposure to extreme
heat, remove the device from the
vehicle when exiting or store it out of
Page 13 from 134
Garmin-Asus A10 Owner’s Manual 5
1. Plug the vehicle power cable ➊ into
the power connector on the side of
2. Remove the clear plastic from the
3. Clean and dry your windshield
and the suction cup with a lint-free
4. Place the suction cup on the
5. Flip the lever
➍ back, toward the
6. Snap the cradle onto the suction
7. Fit the gold contacts on the left side
of the device into the cradle. 8.
Tilt the device back until it snaps
into the cradle.
9. Plug the other end of the vehicle
power cable into a power outlet in
TiP: To learn how to remove the
device from the mount, see page 113.
Completing the Setup
Complete the following optional tasks
to finish setting up your device:
• Set up voice mail ( page 20).
• Set up an e-mail account ( page 57.
• Synchronize the device ( page 90).
Page 14 from 134
Getting to Know Your Device
6 Garmin-Asus A10 Owner’s Manual
Getting to Know Your
Using the Home Screen
The Home screen is designed with
several panes that can be customized.
• Drag ➊ toward the bottom of the
screen to view notifications. The
status bar displays notification
icons, status icons, and the current
• Drag your finger across the screen
➋ to view the other Home screen
• Touch any icon
➌ on the Home
screen to open the application.
➍ to open the phone
➎ toward the top of the screen
to open the application tray ( page
➏ to view the Where To?
Page 15 from 134
Getting to Know Your Device
Garmin-Asus A10 Owner’s Manual 7
Switching Home Screen Panes
Use any of the following options to
switch to another pane:
• To switch to the next pane, slide
your finger across the screen
from right to left.
• To switch to the previous pane,
slide your finger across the
screen from left to right.
• To quickly switch to the Where
To? pane, touch
• To quickly switch to a specific
, and touch a
About the Where To? Pane
The Where To? pane provides quick
access to the navigation features of
your device, such as the map, points of
interest, and location search.
The Where To? pane is the far left pane
on the Home screen.
About the Keys
Touch to return to the Home
From the Home screen, touch
to quickly switch panes.
Touch and hold to open
a menu of recently used
Touch to go back to the
previous screen or to exit the
Touch to view a menu of
options for the current screen
and Down Press to increase or decrease
the audio level.