Page 1 from 10
Masterbuilt Manufacturing, Inc.
1 Masterbuilt Ct.
Columbus, GA 31907
Customer Service 1-800-489-1581
Manual Code: 9807100002 100916-04JH
Tool needed for assembly: Phillips Head Screwdriver
Approximate assembly time : 15 minutes
CARBON MONOXIDE HAZARD
Burning wood chips gives off carbon
monoxide, which has no odor
and can cause death.
DO NOT burn wood chips inside homes,
vehicles, tents, garages or any enclosed areas.
Use only outdoors where it is
This manual contains important
information necessary for the proper
and safe use of this unit.
Read and follow all warnings
and instructions before using
smoker and during use.
Keep this manual for future reference.
Some parts may have sharp edges
handle with care.
Failure to follow these warnings and instructions properly could result in personal injury or death.
ASSEMBLY, CARE & USE MANUAL
WARNING & SAFETY INFORMATION
ELECTRIC SMOKER MODELS 20070211, 20070311, 20070411
THIS PRODUCT IS FOR OUTDOOR USE ONLY
Page 2 from 10
GENERAL WARNINGS AND SAFETY INFORMATION
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed including
• For outdoor use only. Do not operate in an enclosed area.
• Unit MUST be on the ground. Do not place unit on tables or counters. Do NOT move unit across
• Do not lift unit by rear handle.
• Do not plug in electric smoker until fully assembled and ready for use.
• Use only approved grounded electrical outlet.
• Do not use during an electrical storm.
• Do not expose electric smoker to rain or water at anytime.
• To protect against electrical shock do not immerse cord, plug or control panel in water or other
• Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug, or after appliance malfunctions or has
been damaged in any manner. Contact Masterbuilt Customer Service for assistance at
• Keep a ﬁ re extinguisher accessible at all times while operating electric smoker.
• Do not let cord hang touch hot surfaces.
• Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
• Keep children and pets away from electric smoker at all times. Do not allow children to use
electric smoker. Close supervision is necessary should children or pets be in area where electric
smoker is being used.
• Fuel, such as charcoal briquettes or heat pellets, are not to be used in electric smoker.
• Never use electric smoker as a heater (READ CARBON MONOXIDE HAZARD).
• Use electric smoker only on a level, stable surface to prevent tipping.
• Electric smoker is HOT while in use and will remain HOT for a period of time afterwards. Use
• Do not touch HOT surfaces.
• Do not allow anyone to conduct activities around electric smoker during or following its use until
the unit has cooled. Electric smoker is HOT during operation and remains HOT for a period of
time following use.
• The use of alcohol, prescription or non-prescription drugs may impair the user’s ability to
properly assemble or safely operate electric smoker.
WARNINGS & IMPORTANT SAFEGUARDS CONTINUED ON PAGE 2
Masterbuilt warrants its products to be free from defects in material and workmanship under proper
assembly, normal use and recommended care for 90 days from the date of original retail purchase.
Masterbuilt warranty does not cover paint ﬁ nish as it may burn off during normal use.
Masterbuilt warranty does not cover rust of the unit.
Masterbuilt requires reasonable proof of purchase for warranty claims and suggests that you keep your
receipt. Upon the expiration of such warranty, all such liability shall terminate.
Within the stated warranty period, Masterbuilt, at its discretion, shall repair or replace defective components
free of charge with owner being responsible for shipping. Should Masterbuilt require return of component(s)
in question for inspection Masterbuilt will be responsible for shipping charges to return requested item.
This warranty excludes property damage sustained due to misuse, abuse, accident, damage arising out of
transportation, or damage incurred by commercial use of this product.
This expressed warranty is the sole warranty given by Masterbuilt and is in lieu of all other warranties,
expressed or implied including implied warranty, merchantability, or ﬁ tness for a particular purpose.
Neither Masterbuilt nor the retail establishment selling this product, has authority to make any warranties or
to promise remedies in addition to or inconsistent with those stated above.
Masterbuilt’s maximum liability, in any event, shall not exceed the purchase price of the product paid by
the original consumer/ purchaser. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or
consequential damages. In such a case, the above limitations or exclusions may not be applicable.
California residents only: Not withstanding this limitation of warranty, the following speciﬁ c restrictions
apply; if service, repair, or replacement of the product is not commercially practical, the retailer selling the
product or Masterbuilt will refund the purchase price paid for the product, less the amount directly
attributable to use by the original buyer prior to the discovery of the nonconformity. Owner may take the
product to the retail establishment selling this product in order to obtain performance under warranty.
This expressed warranty gives you speciﬁ c legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from
state to state.
Go Online www.masterbuilt.com
or complete and return to
Attn: Warranty Registration
Masterbuilt Mfg. Inc.
1 Masterbuilt Court - Columbus, GA 31907
Name: _________________________________Address :__________________________City:_______________
State/Province: ________ Postal Code: ________________Phone Number: (_____) - ____________
Model Number: ____________________ Serial Number: ____________________
Purchase Date: _____- ______-_______ Place of Purchase: ____________________________________
Page 3 from 10
17This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two
(1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and
(2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause
Warning: Changes or modiﬁ cations to this unit not expressly approved by the party responsible for
compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital
device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable
protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates uses
and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the
instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications.
However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this
equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be
determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the
interference by one or more of the following measures:
1. Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
2. Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
3. Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is
4. Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
GENERAL WARNINGS AND SAFETY INFORMATION
• Avoid bumping or impacting electric smoker.
• Never move electric smoker when in use. Allow electric smoker to cool completely before moving
• Be careful when removing food from electric smoker. All surfaces are HOT and may cause burns.
Use protective gloves or long, sturdy cooking tools.
• Do not cover cooking racks with metal foil. This will trap heat and cause severe damage to
• Drip tray is only for the bottom of electric smoker. Do not put drip tray on cooking racks this may
damage electric smoker.
• Wood tray is HOT when electric smoker is in use. Use caution when adding wood.
• To disconnect, turn control panel “OFF” then remove plug from outlet.
• Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow unit to cool completely before
adding/removing grates, tray or water bowl.
• Dispose of cold ashes by placing them in aluminum foil, soaking with water and discarding in a
• Do not store electric smoker with HOT ashes inside unit. Store only when all surfaces are cold.
• Accessory attachments not supplied by Masterbuilt Manufacturing, Inc. are not recommended and
may cause injury.
• The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the appliance manufacturer may cause
• Never use electric smoker for anything other than its intended purpose. This unit is not for
commer cial use.
• Always use electric smoker in accordance with all applicable local, state and federal ﬁ re codes.
• Longer extension cords are available and may be used if care is exercised in their use.
• If a longer extension cord is used the marked rating should be at least as great as the electrical
rating of the appliance.
• The extension cord must be a grounding -type 3-wire cord.
• Outdoor extension cords must be used with outdoor use products and are marked with sufﬁ x “W”
and with the statement “Suitable for Use with Outdoor Appliances.
• CAUTION - To reduce the risk of electric shock, keep extension cord connection dry and off the
• Extreme caution must be used when moving an appliance containing hot liquids.
• Do not clean this product with a water spray or the like.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Page 4 from 10
LET’S GET STARTED!
• This is a slow smoker…allow sufﬁ cient time for cooking. Smoker is for OUTDOOR USE ONLY.
• “Preseason” smoker prior to ﬁ rst use. See page 11.
• Pre-heat smoker for 30 to 45 minutes at max temperature before loading food.
• DO NOT cover racks with aluminum foil as this will not allow heat to circulate properly.
• Do not overload smoker with food. Extra large amounts of food may trap heat, extend cooking
time and cause uneven cooking. Leave space between food on racks and smoker sides to ensure
proper heat circulation. If utilizing cooking pans, place pans on center of rack to ensure even
cooking. Please see manual for more detail.
• Close air damper on top of unit to retain moisture and heat. If cooking foods such as ﬁ sh or jerky,
open air damper to release moisture.
• Temperature reading on control panel will ﬂ uctuate + or - 10 to 15 degrees as smoker cycles on
• Store smoker in a dry area after use.
• Extreme cold temperatures may extend cooking times.
• CLEAN AFTER EVERY USE. This will extend the life of your smoker and prevent mold and
COMBUSTION BY-PRODUCT PRODUCED WHEN USING THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS CHEMICALS
KNOWN TO THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA TO CAUSE BIRTH DEFECTS,
OTHER REPRODUCTIVE HARM, OR CANCER.
THE MATERIALS USED IN THIS PRODUCT MAY CONTAIN LEAD A CHEMICAL KNOWN TO THE
STATE OF CALIFORNIA TO CAUSE BIRTH DEFECTS AND OTHER REPRODUCTIVE HARM.
WOOD SMOKING GUIDE FOR MEATS
WOOD FLAVOR POULTRY FISH HAM BEEF PORK LAMB
Pungent, smoky, bacon-like ﬂ avor
Sweet and delicate ﬂ avor
Delicate, wood smoke ﬂ avor
Bold and hearty ﬂ avo
Sweet, subtle ﬂ avor
Sweet, delicate ﬂ avor
Sweet, delicate ﬂ avor
SMOKED PORK BUTT
7 lbs Fresh pork butt
½ tsp Salt
¼ cup Brown Sugar
2 tbsp Chili Powder
Suggested wood chips for smoking:
Mix ingredients and rub onto pork butt. Cook pork butt
for 5 hours in 225 degree pre heated smoker using
apple wood chips during the ﬁ rst 3 hours. After 5
hours remove butt and wrap in heavy foil. Cook for an
additional 1 to 1 ½ hours. Internal temperature should
be 160 degrees. Serve.
4 Tuna Steaks (1” thick)
1 1/8 cup Sugar
3/8 cup Salt
1 tsp Pepper
¼ tsp Garlic (granulated)
¼ tsp Prague powder #1
1 cup Honey
1 gal Water
Suggested wood chips for smoking:
Hickory or apple chips
Mix above ingredients until dissolved in water. Place in
pre-heated smoker at 140 degrees and cook for about
7 hours using water mixture in water pan.
For more tantalizing recipes and cooking tips
visit us online at www.masterbuilt.com
Page 5 from 10
• Maximum temperature setting is 275°F (135°C).
• Do NOT move unit across uneven surfaces.
• Rear handle is NOT for lifting.
• Wood chip loader and wood chip holder MUST be in place when using smoker. This minimizes the
chance of wood ﬂ are ups.
• Wood chips must be used in order to produce smoke and create the smoke ﬂ avor. See “Wood Smoking
Guide for Meats” section in this manual.
• Check grease tray on back of unit often during cooking. Empty grease tray before it gets full. Grease
tray may need to be emptied periodically during cooking.
• Do not open smoker door unless necessary. Opening smoker door causes heat to escape and may
cause wood to ﬂ are up. Closing the door will re-stabilize the temperature and stop ﬂ are up.
• Do not leave old wood ashes in the wood tray. Once ashes are cold empty tray. Tray should be cleaned
out prior to and after each use to prevent ash buildup.
• Glass in door is tempered and will not break under normal operation.
• This is a smoker. There will be a lot of smoke produced when using wood chips. Smoke will escape
through seams and turn the inside of smoker black. This is normal. To minimize smoke loss around
door, door latch can be adjusted to further tighten door seal against body.
IMPORTANT FACTS ABOUT USING SMOKER
For cooking racks, water bowl and drip tray use a mild dish detergent. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
For wood chip holder and wood chip loader, clean frequently to remove ash build up, residue and dust.
For the interior, glass in door, light cover, meat probe, and exterior of smoker simply wipe down with a
damp cloth. Do not use a cleaning agent. Make sure to dry
Door seal and inside seam that seal attaches to MUST be cleaned after each use to keep seal in proper
ALWAYS MAKE SURE UNIT IS UNPLUGGED AND COOL
TO THE TOUCH BEFORE CLEANING AND STORING.
HOW TO CLEAN SMOKER
• To adjust door latch, loosen hex nut on door latch. Turn hook
clockwise to tighten as shown. Secure hex nut ﬁ rmly against
• Opening smoker door during cooking process may extend cooking
time due to heat loss.
• When outside temperature is cooler than 65°F (18°C) and/or
altitude is above 3,500 feet (1067m), additional cooking time may
be required. To insure that meat is completely cooked use a
meat thermometer to test internal temperature.
PART NO QUANTITY DESCRIPTION PART NO QUANTITY DESCRIPTION
1 1 Smoker Body 12 1 Drip Pan
2 1 Smoker Door 13 4 Smoking Rack
3 1 Air Damper 14 1 Door Hinge
4 2 Adjustable Screw Leg 15 1 Grease Tray
5 2 Wheels 16 2 Leg Boot
6 1 Digital Control 17 1 Wireless Remote Control
7 1 Rear Handle 18 1 Meat Probe
8 1 Door Latch 19 1 Light Bulb Cover
9 1 Water Bowl 20 1 Element
10 1 Wood Chip Holder 21 2 Cooking Grate Support
11 1 Wood Chip Loader 22 1 Wood Chip Lid
DO NOT RETURN TO RETAILER
For Assembly Assistance, Missing or Damaged Parts
Call: MASTERBUILT Customer Service at 1-800-489-1581.