Page 126 from 182
11 6Chapter 3
Replacing the Keyboard
Replacing the Switch Cover
1.Align the FFC with the connector and press the
latch down to secure.2. Turn the keyboad over and press down to secure.
1.Insert the left side of the switch cover and angle
down in place.2. Starting from the left, press down on the Switch
Cover to secure.
3. Turn the computer over and replace the three securing screws.
Page 127 from 182
Chapter 311 7
Replacing the WLAN Module
Replacing the Hard Disk Drive Module
1.Insert the WLAN board into the WLAN socket. 2. Replace the two screws to secure the module.
3. Connect the two antenna cables to the module.
1.Place the HDD in the HDD carrier. 2. Replace the four screws to secure the carrier.
Page 128 from 182
11 8Chapter 3
Replacing the DIMM Modules
NOTE: To replace DIMM Module 2, first remove DIMM Module 1. In this procedure, only DIMM Module 1 is
shown. 3. Insert the HDD, interface side first, until HDD firmly slides in place.
1.Insert the DIMM Module flush with the connector and press down to lock in place.
Page 129 from 182
Chapter 311 9
Replacing the ODD Module
1.With the ODD tray in the eject position, replace the
ODD cover on the new ODD Module.2. Press the cover into the tray, bottom edge first, to
3. Turn the ODD over and replace the three securing
screws.4. Slide Module in chassis and press until Module is
flush with chassis.
5. Replace the single screw to secure Module.
Page 130 from 182
Replacing the Lower Covers
1.Replace the Memory Cover. 2. Replace the single screw to secure in place.
3. Replace the WLAN Cover. 4. Replace the screw to secure in place.
5. Replace HDD Cover. 6. Replace the two screws to secure in place.